Windows: Visual Spell Checker Fires Prematurely on FM 12
FileMaker Pro Advanced 12.0v2
Operating system version
Windows 7 Professional, SP1, 64-bit
Description of the issue
Visual spell checker on Windows in FM 12 fires each time you type a letter, so almost everything you type is red-underlined as you type it. Our users are reporting this is very distracting and would like FM 11's behavior back.
Luckily, this is isolated to Windows only. Mac behaves like previous versions of FileMaker: spell check isn't fired until you finish typing the entire word (e.g. press the spacebar, return/enter, etc.).
Steps to reproduce the problem
1. Create a new database in FM 11 on Windows.
2. Add a text field to Manage Database, and then to the layout.
3. Type the word abc in the text field and notice as you type the letter a, the letter b, and then the letter c, it doesn't red-underline the word. Now press the spacebar. It red-underlines it, as expected.
4. Convert the file to FM 12.
5. Open the file in FM 12 and repeat step 3. Notice it red-underlines the letters as you type.
FileMaker should only apply visual spell checking after the entire word is typed.
FileMaker applies visual spell checking immediately after each letter is typed.
Exact text of any error message(s) that appear
Turn off spell checking. Not a true workaround, but gets rid of the distracting, constant red-underlining.