Thank you for your post.
I am unable to replicate the issue. This is what I have done:
1. Under Mac OS X 10.9.2, I changed my Language Region settings to Preferred language "Francais", and my Region to "France".
2. I launched FileMaker Pro 12.0v5 (previous versions are not supported under Mac OS X 10.9), pulled down the Fichier menu and selected "Nouvelle base de données...". I named the file Francais12.fmp12 and created the following fields:
3. I then created 500+ blank records.
4. In Layout Mode, I created the conditional formatting calculation "Info > 1", and applied red fill.
5. In Browse Mode, I put my cursor in the Info field, pulled down the "Enregistrements menu and selected "Remplacer...".
6. I selected the last option "Remplacer par le résultat du calcul" and entered the formula Random, and then clicked Remplacer.
All 515 records had values between 0 and 1, as no records were highlighted with red color.
Let me know what I'm doing differently than you so I can replicate the issue.
Thank you for the reply.
I did more tests, but the thing is that it does not happen on all computers and I didn't find what may cause the behavior, so I cannot tell how to reproduce the bug.
On one of the computer that gives the wrong result, I tried reinstalling FileMaker, repair file permission and create a new OS user, nothing changed.
As for the workaround I shared in the first post, I changed it so that I go get the delimiter, like this:
Let ( [
randomNumber = Random;nomberDelimiter = left(1/2;1)];If ( randomNumber < 1 ; randomNumber ; nomberDelimiter & randomNumber ))That's about it for now.Maxime