3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 21, 2010 1:53 PM by TSGal

XML - FileMaker 9 - Mac - Crash

ZoXo

Summary

XML - FileMaker 9 - Mac - Crash

Description of the issue

FileMaker Product(s) involved:FileMaker Pro Advanced 9.0v3 Operating System(s) involved:Mac 10.5.5This does not happen on Win XP sp2 and Win Vista machinesDetailed description of the issue:When attempting to do an XML import from XML files that are generated by other applications (meaning they cannot be formattedby the users, and doing so would ask most users to do something beyond the realm of their understanding) an error occurs that cancelsthe import and the script that is running it.   The error message: -----XML parsing error: An exception occured! Type:NetAccessorException, Message:Could not read from the socket. Error={0}  Line Number: 2Column Number: 129 ----- Here is a line from an XML document that causes it:   If the import fails when the script is running (as opposed to hitting 'specify' within the script editor)when the user attempts to run the script again the application crashes.  I have sent several of these crashes as reports using the Mac OS, so..... This happens regardless of two latest Mac OS versions, as my own system is running 10.5 and the other system tested is running 10.4,this problem has manifested through initial install of 10.5 through to the current update, so I don't think it's a sub-version specific problem.  Exact steps to reproduce the issue:1.  Initiate an XML import on a Mac with OS 10.5 or 10.4 2.  If during script, import and script are both cancelled, otherwise if 'specify' is used during script editing, the first attempt brings up the error dialogue above, the second attempt crashes the app without fail in both cases unless app is quit and restarted3.  A restart of the app after the first error dialogue will usually clear the error and allow the import, in a situation where the file is being served, this is undesirable Expected Result:Import data from XML file Actual Result:Script editor:First a warning, then app crashes unless quit and restart Active script:import and script cancel, app crashes unless quit and restart Exact text of any error message(s) that appeared:XML parsing error: An exception occured! Type:NetAccessorException, Message:Could not read from the socket. Error={0}  Line Number: 2Column Number: 129 Any additional configuration information/troubleshooting that is relevant to the issue: N/A Any workarounds that you have found:Restart app, and (!!!!!) don't use a Mac (that hurts)   Thanks to anyone who can provide insight to this.  

• 1. Re: XML - FileMaker 9 - Mac - Crash
          Sergi_Bas

I have a very similar error.

I have a script to import a xml from a website. This script work properly on MAC 10.5 and Windows XP, but when I run this script on my new IMAC 10.6 the script hanged/frozen Filemaker 9 pro and I need to kill the program.

This error only happens on MAC 10.6. When I run this script on MAC 10.5 and Windows XP, It's works fine.

When the filemaker crash doesn't appears any message.

Thk.

• 2. Re: XML - FileMaker 9 - Mac - Crash
            TSGal

ZoXo:

Thank you for your detailed post.

I'll need to ask a few more questions to help isolate the problem.

Do you have more than one Mac?  If so, does it also occur on the second Mac?  I want to make sure this is a FileMaker issue and not possibly a machine issue.

Also, since the current version is FileMaker Pro 11, have you tried downloading a trial version of FileMaker Pro 11 and testing this?  I want to see if this is a problem with a version prior to the current version.

Any other information you can provide to help replicate the problem would be appreciated.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 3. Re: XML - FileMaker 9 - Mac - Crash
              TSGal

Sergi_Bas:

Thank you for your post.

Do you have a second Snow Leopard machine to try?  If so, please let me know the results.  Also, try this with the current version of FileMaker Pro and see if the problem exists.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.