Summary

XML Import with calculation as source fails on server

Product

FileMaker Server

Version

Operating system version

Windows Server 2008 R2

Description of the issue

Using the import from XML function on the server fails using with an html source defined with a  calculation (field).

Steps to reproduce the problem

Create a field with a url (either as a calculation or entered as text).
      Create a script to import records from XML using a calculation to define the field/URL as the source.
      Run the script on the server.

Expected result

Fields are imported.

Actual result

No results are imported. No error is displayed on client side.
      Error code (10) - requested data is missing in server logs.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

Schedule "JustImport - Admin 69" scripting error (10) at "ResMDsearch : JustImport : Import Records".

Workaround

If the url is copy-pasted from the field used in the calculation and hard-coded as the html source in the import (no other changes to script) the server import works. Desktop versions work.

• 1. Re: XML Import with calculation as source fails on server
          TSGal

ChristineMZ:

Thank you for your post.

I have sent your post to our Testing and Development teams for review.  When I receive any feedback, I will let you know.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: XML Import with calculation as source fails on server
            TSGal

ChristineMZ:

Our Testers have been unable to replicate the issue.  This is what they have done:

1. In FileMaker Pro 13.0v3, a file "1.fmp12", a table was created named "Table" with two text fields: "Names" and "URL".

2. A script "InsertURL" was created with the following step:

Insert Records [ No dialog ; Table::URL ; Add ; Mac Roman ] 

... specifying a XML data source with the calculation:   Table::URL      ... and importing into the Names field.

3. In the first record, URL contains:     http://<IP Address of external server>/import.xml

4. The file was uploaded to FileMaker Server 13.0v2

5. The file was then accessed by FileMaker Pro 13.0v3.

6. The script was run, and the data is imported successfully into the Names field.

7. A schedule was then set up on the server to execute the script once per day.

8. The schedule was then manually selected and the option "Run a Schedule Now", and the import was again successful.

Let me know what the Testers are doing differently than you.

TSGal
                 FileMaker, Inc.

• 3. Re: XML Import with calculation as source fails on server
              christymz

TSGal,

Differences:

1.) I am using a style file (note that the style file is accessed the same way with the url hard-coded and the url as a calculation, so I am confident that the server can find it and that I'm upgraded to a version that can make use of the style file).

2.) My server is on a Windows machine

Set Variable [$stylefile; Value:"filewin:" & Get(DocumentsPath) & "StyleFiles/msdso_elem.xslt"]

Import Records[No dialog; SearchAndCreate::SearchSite; $stylefile; Add; Windows ANSI]

Thanks!

• 4. Re: XML Import with calculation as source fails on server
                TSGal

ChristinerMZ:

Thank you for the additional information.  I have sent the information back to the Tester for review.  I'll continue to keep you updated.

TSGal
                     FileMaker, Inc.

• 5. Re: XML Import with calculation as source fails on server
                  TSGal

ChristineMZ:

Testing is unable to replicate the issue.  Testing would like to make sure you have the files in the right location.  Keep in mind that Get (DocumentsPath) will return different locations when FileMaker Pro and FileMaker Server runs it.

Get (DocumentsPath)
                          FileMaker Pro: filewin:/C:/Users/<username>/Documents/StyleFiles/msdso_elem.xslt
                          FileMaker Server: filewin:/C:/Program Files/FileMaker/FileMaker Server/Data/Documents/StyleFiles/msdso_elem.xslt

Can you verify?

TSGal
                       FileMaker, Inc.