Actual result

Crash.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

None!

Configuration information

iPad 1 with iOS 5.1

• 1. Re: Yet another crash
          philmodjunk

I have recently been spending time in doctor's offices using an iPhone 4S with iOS7 to access this forum. I haven't gotten any crashes, but responsiveness has been all over the place. Sometimes I can type just as fast as texting someone. The next time, the letters echo back so slowly that I can get 5 or so letters ahead of what is showing in Post a New Answer. Then I get a rapid fire series of "clicks" and the iPhone (using Safari) catches up with my input.

• 2. Re: Yet another crash
            RickWhitelaw

Hi  Phil,

It just crashed again  while reading your comment. Maybe the iPad 1 is truly a thing of the past and I should replace it. Then again, I don't have this issue on other sites . . .

rick.

• 3. Re: Yet another crash
              Markus Schneider

during the last few days, I have had crashes almost every day - with this forum. And sometimes typing a character takes a couple of seconds until they appear. Selecting text doesn't work (the whole text field turns grey), sometimes the keyboard disappears after _every_ typed character...

it's a pain... and I got an iPad 4 on a fast WLAN - to old for this forum??

• 4. Re: Yet another crash
                TSGuy

Gentlemen,

While there haven't been any significant changes to our site, there have been some very minor infrastructure updates. Are the behaviors you are seeing getting worse, or is what you are seeing part of a longer-term pattern?

Thank you,

Modman

• 5. Re: Yet another crash
                  philmodjunk

Rick has been reporting this behavior over in FeedBack for quite some time.

• 6. Re: Yet another crash
                    TSGuy

Thanks

I'll check to see if other sites based on the same infrastructure are seeing the same issues, or whether this is specific to our site.