Zombie Scripts after importing/pasting

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

11.0x

Operating system version

Win7, OSX ML

Description of the issue

files hosted by FMS (same version as clients), using 'import script' within ScriptEditor
      - all works fins, script can be edited etc
      - after login out/login in, the script becomes 'untouchable'
      -- every action (script is visible in the scripts-list in ScriptEditor) shows 'script doesn't exist'
      -- script can't be edited, removed - nothing

When a script-folder with some scripts insude was imported, one can no longer access those scripts - but using the script-debugger they become available...

Happened 3 times during the last 12 months on 3 differant installations/different computer

it happened one time as well with importing of cf! Never had it here when working on local files

Steps to reproduce the problem

doesn't happen often - but the problem exists according to google searches. Not sure, if it still exists under FM12

Expected result

no zomies at all

Actual result

zombies

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

Das Script ist nicht vorhanden (german version)

Configuration information

FMS, local LAN, FM client (Adv)

Workaround

none.... db-file corrupt. Go back to backup - can be a nightmare since it becomes visible after re-login

• 1. Re: Zombie Scripts after importing/pasting
          philmodjunk

Am I correct that this happened each time that you imported a script FOLDER? And then the scripts within that folder became zombies?

IF so, the work around would be to not import the folder, but rather the individual scripts. I'm not trying to say this isn't a bug, just trying to help identify a work around...

• 2. Re: Zombie Scripts after importing/pasting
            Markus Schneider

no, happened without folders as well - not everytime, just 'sometimes', makes it hard to replicate. But since I found people who do not longer use copy/paste or importing, it seems to be seldom - but not 'never'. From my gut feeling, it's an issue in context with the FM server - all issues with FM-Server driven solutions. 

This morning, I installed a backup of the db and rebuilt it...