Summary

Zoom change and fields disapear

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Windows 7

Description of the issue

If I change the zoom level all the fields go blank.  Only one zoom level in each layout displays properly. For some layouts the only zoom that shows data is 75% for others only 100% works.  Also,  when printing the data does not print.  The printing looks like the screen shot with the "wrong" zoom.  I would like to zoom in and out and print with out my data disappearing.  Is there a setting I just need to change?

Steps to reproduce the problem

I have uninstalled filemaker and reinstalled.  Problem persists. I can zoom/print same database from other computers with same version installed from the same install files and don't have a problem.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

See screen shot for image where the data dissapears at "wrong" zoom and when zoom is just right the data is there.

Zoom_combined.JPG

• 1. Re: Zoom change and fields disapear
          TSGal

JHeck:

Thank you for your post.

Does this occur with all database files or just the current file?  If you create a new Layout (do not Duplicate), does it also occur?

FileMaker Pro 8.5 was never certified with Windows 7, so it is difficult to determine if there is an incompatibility.  Try downloading a trial copy of FileMaker Pro 11 (the current release) from our web site (which is certified with Windows 7) and see if the problem persists.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Zoom change and fields disapear
            user20843

It occurs with all database files and even with new layouts. 

The problem does not occur on other Windows 7 computers with 8.5.  

However, I think you may have found my problem.  I have previously installed the FMP11 trial and it has expired. Then I went back to FMP 8.5, is it possible that FMP11 settings/files were left behind after the install that could be messing up FMP8.5?

Thank you

• 3. Re: Zoom change and fields disapear
              TSGal

JHeck:

The trial version of FileMaker Pro 11 should not interfere with other versions of FileMaker Pro.  On my Macs, I have multiple copies of FileMaker Pro, some back to version 6.  On my Windows machine (XP SP3), I only go back to version 9.  There is a Windows 7 machine available to me, and that only have FileMaker Pro 10 and FileMaker Pro 11.  Each of these different versions are automatically installed and placed in their own folders (e.g., FileMaker Pro 11, FileMaker Pro 10, etc.)

Since FileMaker Pro 8.5 does work for you on other Windows 7 machines, I would look for differences other than the trial version being installed.  For example, a different screen driver, an accelerator card, or a graphics accelerator as these could contribute to screen display.  If an accelerator card, see if you can temporarily slow it down for testing.

Please continue to keep me updated.

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Zoom change and fields disapear
                EdgarAlcaraz

I am using Windows 7 Pro 32bit and FileMaker Pro 11 and am having the same exact problem that JHeck is having. Does anyone have an idea on how to fix the problem? 

• 5. Re: Zoom change and fields disapear
                  TSGal

Edgar Alcaraz:

Thank you for your post.

What version of FileMaker Pro 11 are you using?  Be sure you update to the latest version (11.0v3).

Are there any other zoom settings affecting your layout?  What graphic card are you using in your machine?  Is there an accelerator?  If you have other machines, do they also exhibit the same problem?  Any other information you can provide may be helpful in narrowing down possible causes.

TSGal
                  FileMaker, Inc.

• 6. Re: Zoom change and fields disapear
                    EdgarAlcaraz

Hello TSGal,

Thanks for responding to my question. 

I have FileMaker Pro 11.0v3 (no more updates available)

There are not any other zoom settings affecting the layout as far as i know.

The video card is on board with the motherboard chipset. It is a NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE NForce 430.

I have two identical Compaq computers with Windows 7 Pro 32 & FileMaker Pro 11.0v3.

DirectDraw Accerleration, Direct3D Accerleration, & AGP Texture Accerleation are enabled  on Both PC's.

I installed FileMaker PRo 11.0v3 after you asked if there are any other computers with similar problems.

The other Compaq Windows 7 pc displays the zoom funtions just fine.

So I unistalled and reinstalled FileMaker Pro 11.0v3 on the problamatic computer & came up with the same problem regarding the Zoom funtion.

Let me know if there is anything if there is anything else you wish to know.

Thank you for looking into this.

-Edgar

• 7. Re: Zoom change and fields disapear
                      TSGal

Edgar Alcaraz:

Thank you for the additional information.

If the problem occurs on one of the machines but not the other two, then we need to find the differences.

First, turn off all acceleration options, as from past experience this has shown to be a factor.  See if the problem goes away.  If so, then turn on each of the acceleration options separately and test the zoom settings  If they all pass individually, then try two options simultaneously.

Do the other computers also have the same video card?  Do they have the same accelerator settings?

TSGal
                      FileMaker, Inc.

• 8. Re: Zoom change and fields disapear
                        MarkBolton

Did you find a fix for this, I have just clean built a windows 7 machine with filemaker pro 13 and have the same error

• 9. Re: Zoom change and fields disapear
                          TSGal

Mark Bolton:

Thank you for your post.

First, make sure you update to the current version of FileMaker Pro 13 (13.0v3).  The update can be accessed via Knowledge Base Article #13407:

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13407

Next, make sure your system display is set for 100%, as higher DPI settings are known to cause some graphic issues.  To do this in Windows 7, click the Start button and select Control Panel.  In the Control Panel, click on "Appearance and Personalization", click "Display", and set it to 100%.

Let me know if you continue to run into difficulty.

TSGal
                               FileMaker, Inc.

• 10. Re: Zoom change and fields disapear
                            MarkBolton

Hi Thanks for the response.

Yes we use 13.0v3 (mind you I get the same error on 12.0v4) running 1920*1080 everything is set to 100% and works yet click the zoom button on filemaker (in or out) and bang no data displayed in any of the fields.

In Windows 7 I have fully patched the machine tried updating graphics drivers and rolling them back to earlier versions to no avail would changing the graphics card help?

Thanks

Mark

• 11. Re: Zoom change and fields disapear
                              TSGal

Mark Bolton:

Thank you for the additional information.

Do you have access to another Windows machine with FileMaker Pro?  If so, do you get the same issue?  This will let me know if the issue is your computing environment, or if this is a FileMaker issue.  If you don't have issue to another computer, or if the issue still exists on the second computer, then I would like to see your database file so I can test it here.  Check your Inbox at the top of this page for instructions where to send a copy/clone of your file.

TSGal
                                   FileMaker, Inc.

• 12. Re: Zoom change and fields disapear
                                MarkBolton

All databases accessed by this machine have the same issue, Yet other windows 7 machines access the database and can zoom without issues.  I am guessing graphics card issues but this is a HP machine has an Intel G41 express on board chipset has been freshly built with Windows 7 professional so am hoping there is another possible cause.

• 13. Re: Zoom change and fields disapear
                                  TSGal

Mark Bolton:

If other machines are not having the issue, then we can at least rule out the database files.  To eliminate any possible software issues, first uninstall FileMaker Pro 13.  Then, look in your Application folder, open the FileMaker folder, and if there is a FileMaker Pro 13 folder, remove it.  Then, install FileMaker Pro 13, as this will then write all new files.  Once the installation completes, launch FileMaker Pro 13 and try accessing one of your problem database files.  If the issue still exists, then you are looking at something in your computing environment.  Then again, if it now works, then one of the preceding installed FileMaker Pro files became corrupt, and the reinstallation replaced it.

TSGal
                                       FileMaker, Inc.

• 14. Re: Zoom change and fields disapear
                                    MarkBolton

Done this already even changed the version back to 12.04 same error same error on both versions.  I will put another graphics card in the machine and see how we get on

1 2 Previous Next