Thank you for the post.
To attempt to replicate this, using FileMaker Pro 13 on a Mac OS X 10.9 iMac, I performed the following steps:
1. Created a new database file titled "€.fmp12"
2. Created a single number field, used the Inspector to change the data formatting to type currency and used the symbol €
3. Created a single record: 33.33
4. Browse mode displays €33.33
5. Preview mode display €33.33
6. Save as PDF displays €33.33 (See screenshot below)
Perhaps, I am missing a step to replicate?
Hello and thank you for your quick reply.
After doing the same testing as yours I have realized that it was working like you with the usual FM fonts, I am using another one that you can get here : http://www.itech.ch/fonts/GretaSansStd-Regular.otf, and even though it displays properly on the preview layout it doesn't print the € sign. What could be the problem then?
Thank you for the reply.
To make sure I understand the question, are you reporting the usual FileMaker fonts for the "€" symbol are working for preview and printing, but GretaSansStd-Regular.otf does not?
FileMaker Pro 13 doesn't install any fonts, but uses the fonts from the operating system.
Does the "GretaSansStd-Regular.otf" font contains the symbol for €?
Does File > Print > Save as PDF also create a PDF with a box instead of the €?
If you copy the font character into Text Edit.app and File > Export as PDF…, then does the PDF display the character properly?