2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 1, 2014 8:16 AM by schamblee

Accidentally deleted FileMaker Go11

donl1150

Title

Accidentally deleted FileMaker Go11

I have been using FM Go11 for several years now, it has been working great.  When I updated to ios8, somehow I lost my FM Go app.  It is no longer available in the App Store.  I inquired of Apple Support and they said .....

"iTunes Store is just a content distributor not a content provider. If the item is removed or modified from the content provider then we are unable to re grant it for you."

I then checked with FileMaker and they said .....

"your app will appear in your Purchased area in iTunes. FileMaker does not have a way to provide you the FileMaker Go 11 for iPad app.  If you do not have your app FileMaker Go 11 for iPad any longer in your Purchased area in iTunes, you may check your back up files from iTunes to restore."

I have been not been very diligent about backups but I think one may be there somewhere.  When I go to iTunes and try to restore, I only see one backup and that is a very recent one that will do no good.  Can someone give me some guidance on how to proceed?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Accidentally deleted FileMaker Go11
          Jade

Open iTunes on your Mac or PC (your version may look different than image above).

Select your iPad or iPhone and then click "Apps" (it may be in a different location than shown above).  This should list all apps stored in iTunes.  If FM Go is listed, click its icon.

Click the "Remove" or "Install" button to remove or install FM Go on your device.

• 2. Re: Accidentally deleted FileMaker Go11
            schamblee

File Maker will  not provide another copy.   I'm guessing that iOS8 didn't install the icon for Go because of incompatibility issues.  I know I had some webclip icons disappear.  You can attempt a reset of your phone, erase your phone, and restore a backup prior to ios8 and this should restore Go 11.  Your other choice is to upgrade to the new filemaker Go and in this case you would need File Maker 12 or newer to update your database to fmp12.

I'm not a File Maker employee, I'm just another user of filemaker,  sorry to bring bad news.  If you don't want to upgrade a program its best not to upgrade the operating system.  Companies tried to keep some compatibility with older program, but new items in the os sometime prevent it.