3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2011 6:25 AM by TSGal

Adding Icon on Filemaker Go

pademo57

Title

Adding Icon on Filemaker Go

Hi There,

I'm a newbie, so this may be an easy question to answer.  I have Filemaker Pro 11 on my desktop and Filemaker Go on my iPad.  I would like to put an icon on my iPad which would link to the database and then to a specific layout.  

Is this possible? And if it is how do I do this.  Please answer slowly, I'm new to this!

• 1. Re: Adding Icon on Filemaker Go
          TSGal

FileMaker Customer FileMaker Customer8298:

Thank you for your post.

You may want to take a look at a similar forum thread at:

Creating new "apps" with FMG

In essence, create an HTML file with a redirect to the file, and save that to the Home Screen.  That is, include the following meta tag in the Head of the HTML file:

<meta http-equiv="REFRESH" content="0;url=fmp7://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/untitled">

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Adding Icon on Filemaker Go
            pademo57

Sorry to be so dense, remember I am a newbie, but when you say:

<meta http-equiv="REFRESH" content="0;url=fmp7://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/untitled">

Do you mean replace the "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" with the Host IP address and the :

"/untitled" with the name of the database? 

• 3. Re: Adding Icon on Filemaker Go
              TSGal

FileMaker Customer FileMaker Customer8298:

I apologize for not being clearer.

Yes, "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" would be the Host IP address, and "untitled" would be the name of the database file.

Don't place the HTML file on the iPad.  Instead, place the HTML file on a server; perhaps the same server where you are hosting the database file.  When you access the HTML file using Safari, it will launch FileMaker Go and access the file.  If you switch back to Safari, it will be on the page with the redirect.  Tap the "+" icon and select "Add to Home Screen".

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.