1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 19, 2013 11:43 AM by philmodjunk

Any performane tips for updating an SQL database from FileMaker Go?

MichaelHokanson

Title

Any performane tips for updating an SQL database from FileMaker Go?

I'm trying to get FileMaker Go to update some fields in a connected MSSQL database. The MSSQL database is quite large and I'm finding that it takes an extremely long time for the tables on the MSSQL side to reflect the edits done in FileMaker Go. When I use ExecuteSQL in FileMaker Pro the performance is great. Since ExecuteSQL isn't available on FileMaker Go, is there any way to get better performance out of Go?

• 1. Re: Any performane tips for updating an SQL database from FileMaker Go?
          philmodjunk

Can you connect to a FIleMaker database hosted on a computer via FileMaker Pro or FIleMaker Server? Could the hosted copy then push the data for you out to the SQL database using the very tools not available in GO?

(I'm thinking in terms of a trick used with Go and hosted databases, where you submit a "request" as a record in a table and then a scheduled script that executes fairly frequently checks the table and processes the request for the FM GO client. That may be very impractical for what you have in mind but if you already have bits and pieces of this in place...)