3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 18, 2012 3:06 PM by TSGal

anybody having trouble with buttons placed in footers disappearing again with the latest update?

ThirdBrain

Title

anybody having trouble with buttons placed in footers disappearing again with the latest update?

This was a previous issue that was fixed around April or May.  Buttons sometimes appear, or are out of line vertically.  The previous workaround of top anchoring a footer worked until FM fixed it.  

Clicking a sort button or activating something else on screen usually makes it work, but appears very random and NONE of the scripts would activate anything to make it display then vs. prior to that.

It seems to be behaving the same as it id prior to it being fixed.  I have tried script steps to facilitate an action to the screen that would trigger it but haven't been successful with that.

This only happens in FMGO on iPad and iPhone.  Looks and works perfect on the laptop, but when deployed on the mobile devices, it doesn't display, or worse yet sometimes does, then in the middle of demo, no buttons and a stuck screen.

FileMaker_button_issue2.jpg

• 1. Re: anybody having trouble with buttons placed in footers disappearing again with the latest update?

IOS 6 introduced a lot of issues to existing apps and most try to deliver updates to combat Apple's new bugs. This has been a decades long issue, not just with Apple but with Microsoft, etc.

First, the best advice is to not update until the third bug release and I have been giving this for 20 years.

OK, few people follow this advice and now with IOS its impossible to follow since new versions are pushed automatically to our devices by Apple...we got no choice even if we do want to act intelligently and wait for v3.

I've seen a few things appear and dissappear as GO was quietly updated by Filemaker. The lates version is 12.05 built Aug 16.

OK, consider that your users may NOT be connecting to the Internet and thus NOT getting the latest updates. Maybe you haven't although you are posting to this list but on your PC and not on your IOS device.

Connect all of the IOS devices to the Internet and use the App Store Updates button and get all of the latest updates. See if that helps. 

If not, try selecting everything in your footer and dragging it down one, two or three pixels. Anything that crosses the footer line is dead meat. Select all and see how things line up with the footer margins.

• 2. Re: anybody having trouble with buttons placed in footers disappearing again with the latest update?
            ThirdBrain

This is NOT a iOS 6 issue.  I have been using iOS since the beta version was released several months ago.  The issue appeared when I installed the 12.05 of FMGO. 

I have moved all images done.  In the example shown they do look close, so I could understand why you are suggesting this..  This happens on other screens with images not even close.  On some pages I have deleted all the objects in the footer and rebuilt them and it still happens.  I click a sort, or some other action and they appear. Very wierd.

FM asked to see the file to see if they can figure out what's going on.  

• 3. Re: anybody having trouble with buttons placed in footers disappearing again with the latest update?
              TSGal

Third Brain:

Thank you for your posts.

This appears to be fixed in the latest FileMaker Go 12.0.6 update.  Can you verify with your layout?

TSGal
                   FileMaker, Inc.