1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 28, 2011 11:36 AM by TSGal

Appending Document in to Filemaker Created PDF

MatthewMackay

Title

Appending Document in to Filemaker Created PDF

Afternoon everyone,

I'm looking to find possible ways to add and external document (probably a 1 page PDF) in to a filemaker database, so it is included in the final report PDF produced by filemaker.

At the moment my clients complete reports within Filemaker Go and send it through to myself where a script is triggered to create a PDF report. I've had a few requests to append a scanned, hand written document in to the report. I know the scanned document will need to be present on the iPad to add it in to my solution but not sure what to do with it inside FM Go.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

• 1. Re: Appending Document in to Filemaker Created PDF
          TSGal

Matthew Mackay:

Thank you for your post.

A Container field allows you to capture a signature on an iOS device.  If you tap a blank Container field in FileMaker Go, you get the option to "Choose From Library" or "Get Signature".  Once you select "Get Signature" and enter a Signature, tap "Accept", and the signature will be stored in the Container field.  You can also use this for hand-written notes or to display a hand written document.  Just make sure it is fully visible within the Container field and positioned appropriately on the Layout.  Then, when you tap Print -> PDF, everything on the Layout will be included.

Let me know if you need additional clarification.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.