1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 10, 2012 2:09 PM by TSGal

Audio playback takes up whole screen on iPad

alnz

Title

Audio playback takes up whole screen on iPad

I was using Bento to hold a memo field on a record so that i could dictate audio notes.

When I played it back the audio player was contained in the memo field (just below a text field) and i could pause and play at the same time as i would type up the transcript of what I had recorded.

I am now using Filemaker pro and upgraded to V12 (with Filemaker Go 12) in the hope that I could do the same thing, but when I play back the recorded message it takes up the whole screen on the iPad and I am unable to go back to the main screen to type into the text field without losing the audio.

Can anyone tell me how I can get Filemaker Go to perform the same task as Bento's Memo fields.

Thanks.

Al

• 1. Re: Audio playback takes up whole screen on iPad
          TSGal

Alan Campbell:

Although Bento allows you to play audio files in the background, At this time, FileMaker Go cannot.  The Container field switches to full screen.

I recommend that you enter this feature request into our Feature Requests web form at:

http://www.filemaker.com/company/contact/feature_request.html

The entires into this web form are automatically populated in a database file that is monitored and read by Development and Product Management, where the suggestions are then discussed and considered for possible inclusion in a future release.  Be sure to mention how this works in Bento and provide the same example why you need this.  Although I could copy your post into the web form, there are a couple of questions asked that only you can answer.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.