1 2 Previous Next 18 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2015 10:35 AM by TSGal

automatisch cellen invulle

StevenVO

Title

automatisch cellen invulle

Hey,

ik heb een aantal tabellen aangemaakt om als brongegevens te gebruiken.zoals bv: klanten, producten, ...

Nu wil ik in een nieuwe tabel deze beide samenvoegen, als ik dan een klant selecteer , dan wil ik automatisch ook een deel van hun gegevens mee oproepen.

hoe moet dit? in elke tabel heb ik al een volgnummer ingebouwd, maar enkel deze koppelen is niet echt wat ik wens ...

• 1. Re: automatisch cellen invulle
          TSGal

Steven VO:

Thank you for your post.

Please post in English.

Using Google Translate, it appears you want to combine two tables together.  Just import the data from one table into the other.  If there are any relationships, you will need to also import that data into the respective tables in the master file.

Let me know if you need additional clarification.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: automatisch cellen invulle
            StevenVO

Hi,

so i've made some tables like customers and products etc.

I've also a created a new table to make some registrations, here i need to to use the details filled in in the other tables.

When I select a customer i want to generate auto his details in the new table (details already filled in in the table customers).

How does this works?

I've already made the id numbers in each table and made a relation between those numbers but this isn't enough ...

• 3. Re: automatisch cellen invulle
              TSGal

Steven VO:

On the Customer layout, create a portal into the registrations table and include the fields from the registrations table that you would like to view.  This way, when you select a customer record, the portal will show you all related registrations.

To create a portal, while in Layout mode, make sure the Status Toolbar is showing, click the sixth icon from the right side (or hover over the icon until a tooltip displays "Portal tool..."), and using that tool, draw a rectangle on the layout where you want that information to appear.

Let me know if you run into any difficulty.

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: automatisch cellen invulle
                StevenVO

ok ,

that is clear.

I have an input field that use a window (related to my products name) to select the product of the other table

then i need to define the filter in my portal to see the price of this product.

How do i create this filter?

• 5. Re: automatisch cellen invulle
                  TSGal

Steven VO:

If you want to filter the portal to only show certain criteria, then in the Portal Setup, enter a checkmark next to the option "Filter portal records" and enter the calculation.  lHowever, it sounds like you just want to see the price of the product, so include the price field in the portal.

TSGal
                  FileMaker, Inc.

• 6. Re: automatisch cellen invulle
                    StevenVO

yes,

i like to show just the data without a filter,

if i just select the the field that i want in my portal without any filter , the portal doesn't show anything.

But how does the portal knows wich he needs to select because my product is selected by another field ?

This field is just a input field with the window function

• 7. Re: automatisch cellen invulle
                      TSGal

Steven VO:

Where are you selecting the product?  In the portal?  If so, and if the Price is also associated with that product record, then it should display.  Perhaps you could tell me more about the relationships.

TSGal
                      FileMaker, Inc.

• 8. Re: automatisch cellen invulle
                        StevenVO

i do select the product with an input field in a new table

i've configured this field as an input by window and in this config i've selected the colum of the products.

• 9. Re: automatisch cellen invulle
                          TSGal

Steven VO:

Once you select the product, what happens next?  How is the relationship set up?  How are you pulling the other fields to show information?  In which table is the Price field located?

TSGal
                          FileMaker, Inc.

• 10. Re: automatisch cellen invulle
                            StevenVO

once i select the data: just the data appears, nothing more

the realtionship: i 've 3 tables : client, product, combi; in combi i've a productID and in products tabla too, those are connected by a relationship.

• 11. Re: automatisch cellen invulle
                              TSGal

Steven VO:

When you select the product, are you sure there is a productID associated with the product so that it can look up the information.  That would account for the other related data to not display.

Create a new layout with a new portal to make sure the data is related and displaying properly.

TSGal
                              FileMaker, Inc.

• 12. Re: automatisch cellen invulle
                                StevenVO

Hi,

There is a productID

I've uploaded a picture of a simple database his configs like I do.

Here you can see all my configs.

• 13. Re: automatisch cellen invulle
                                  TSGal

Steven VO:

I see your portal "portal for adress", but I don't see any fields in the portal.  Put the related "costs" field in the portal.

TSGal
                                  FileMaker, Inc.

• 14. Re: automatisch cellen invulle
                                    StevenVO

Hi,

i did made the portal again, with the related field but it doesn't show anything.

1 2 Previous Next