2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 20, 2014 12:23 PM by taylord

Basic Layout Question

taylord

Title

Basic Layout Question

Apologies for the basic nature of this question. Search yielded unhelpful results.

Developing a landscape layout in FM Advanced 13 for iphone 6 plus accessed using FM GO 13. According to FM official screen stencil sizes:

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10678/kw/screen%20size%20layout/session/L3RpbWUvMTQxNjIzOTc1MS9zaWQvdjRUeXJGN20%3D

736 pixels is the usable landscape width. My layout (with tab control) is borderless and is exactly 736 pixels wide. So is tab control. When viewed landscape with 6 plus, right edge of layout exceeds screen area by approximately 1/3. This is not desirable. Phone is neither set to "Zoom" view in iOS 8 Settings, nor has the text size in iOS 8 been changed from the factory setting.

So please share with me the obvious detail(s) I am overlooking. Thank you for reading and, hopefully, your suggestions!

• 1. Re: Basic Layout Question
          eoin

FMGO can not yet take advantage of the new iPhone 6 or 6 plus screen sizes. In the mean time (and a waste of time) consider designing your layouts to the iPhone 5 screen dimensions and they will render correctly on the 6 in standard mode and on the 6 Plus in zoom mode.

Sorry I can't give you the answer you're hoping for ... I feel your pain crying

• 2. Re: Basic Layout Question
            taylord

Thanks for the post above, I sincerely appreciate it.

FMGO app update 11/20/2014 thru App Store has fixed this issue!