4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 30, 2015 8:08 PM by bigtom

Bento Help needed.

gowen

Title

Bento Help needed.

OK, I know this might be a long shot but I need help with my Bento.  Trying to add another media field into my home inventory template and while I can create a field called photo 2 and photo 3 it doesn't appear in my fields table or in the fields pane on the left hand side.  Indeed none of the field names are in the fields pane. Could really use some help.  Even if you could direct me to an independent discussion/help board for die hard bento users. Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Bento Help needed.
          TSGal

gowen:

Thank you for your post.

If no fields are displaying the in Fields pane, then you may have a damaged Library.

Backup your current database file, and then revert from your last weekly backup.  Do the fields show in the Fields pane?  If not, then go to the previous backup.

If you have made a lot of changes since your last backup, export the data from your current library to text files, and then in the backup database file, import the text files so that the information is up-to-date.

Let me know if you need additional clarification.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Bento Help needed.
            gowen

Thanks TSGal,

I backed up my Bento and then checked for updates. There was one so I updated it and when I reopened the program the fields were in the fields pane as they should be and I was able to drag another media window into the record window. 

I'm so glad it's fixed and wish Bento was still available but at least I can get help and the updates..... I wonder if I can get the last version?

Gowen

• 3. Re: Bento Help needed.
              TSGal

gowen:

Bento 4 is the last version, and it is no longer available for updating.

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Bento Help needed.
                bigtom

If you purchased through the app store I believe it stores your purchase and all the available updates until it was discontinued even though it is no longer available for purchase. I had Apple explain it to me once when I had trouble with Bento. Not sure if Bento 4 was ever a free update for another version.