5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2014 2:13 PM by TSGal

Blurry Picture when printed

JayneFerguson

Title

Blurry Picture when printed

I am having problems when I insert my image in Filemaker Pro 6. I know this is a dinosaur, but it is what my work is using.  I am turning a pdf file into a jpg.  I have tried different resolutions and sizes and it still prints blurry.  Is there anyone out there that can help me with this dinosaur version?

• 1. Re: Blurry Picture when printed
          TSGal

Jayne Ferguson:

Thank you for your post.

What operating system are you using?  What version of operating system are you using?  Does this blurry issue only occur with one file?  That is, if you create a new file with a Container field and insert the JPG file, does it also print blurry?

Any other information you can provide may be helpful.

By the way, you posted this on the "Using FileMaker Go" board.  In the future, please use the "Using FileMaker Pro" board.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Blurry Picture when printed
            JayneFerguson

I am using PC windows 7.

I am taking a pdf file and turning it into a jpg. 

I am trying to place it in the layout mode, because it is a form and I have to put merge fields on the form.

The image 300 resolution, 8.5x 11. I have taken it as low as 72, but it doesn't help making it any clearer.

It is blurry on any picture I insert.

• 3. Re: Blurry Picture when printed
              TSGal

Jayne Ferguson:

FileMaker 6 was never certified under Windows 7.  Please see Knowledge Base Article #1201 at:

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1201

Have you tried this under FileMaker Pro 13?  If not, download a trial version of FileMaker Pro 13.

How does the image appear under a web browser?

TSGal
                   FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Blurry Picture when printed
                JayneFerguson

I guess that is my problem.  I have upgraded my computer, so maybe that is the problem.  My work's server doesn't support Filemaker 13.  So I guess we will have exclude it from the database.

Thanks for all your help.

Jayne

• 5. Re: Blurry Picture when printed
                  TSGal

Jayne Ferguson:

I'll check the image for you.  Check your Inbox at the top of this page for instructions where to send the image file.

TSGal
                       FileMaker, Inc.