2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2011 11:24 AM by TSGal

Bottom bar and page jumping/moving while entering data

DanielC

Title

Bottom bar and page jumping/moving while entering data

Has anyone been able to remove the bottom bar when inputting from an iPad?  Specifically the previous/next buttons.  Right now I show all records, omit record, show omitted records to disble them but I need to remove them completely if possible.

Also, when entering data the user can move the page (scrolling?) within the iPad screen but any other time the window is locked into place which is perfect. I have zoom off and the layout size is smaller than the iPad screen size.  Any way to stop the page from moving?

• 1. Re: Bottom bar and page jumping/moving while entering data
          fredrogers

Are you running IOS5?

It looks like there are a few issues with it and Filemaker Go.

File Maker Go with IOS 5

Bouncy layout with latest versions of IOS 5 and Go

I sent in my data file to filemaker and the only responce i got was to JailBreak my iPad and Downgrade.

-=fred=-

• 2. Re: Bottom bar and page jumping/moving while entering data
            TSGal

Daniel C:

Thank you for your post.

To hide the Toolbar, create a button, or execute a script that hides the Toolbar.  The script step would be:

Show/Hide Status Area [ Hide ].

However, this allows a user to select the gear icon in the upper right corner and  you to select the gear icon in the upper right corner and turn on "Show Toolbar".  If you don't want users to have this ability, then lock the Status Area with the script step:

Show/Hide Status Area [ Lock ; Hide ]

Regarding your second issue, at this time, the screen will scroll when you start entering data.  This cannot be turned off.

The issue posted by "Fred Rogers" is unrelated and only occurs if a large text field extends beyond the keyboard.  We are working with Apple to get this corrected, but no other information is available at this time.

TSGal
            FileMaker, Inc.