6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 15, 2012 1:57 PM by TSGal

browsing records

sasha

Title

browsing records

Dear all

I  am studing a solution that essentially is a catalog of images with some fields. I add some navigarion button to move to previous and next records, but the customer want a way to move from record to record like you do in to the antive iPad Apple app, moving from record to record dragging with finger.

Anyone knows if it is possible in Filemaker Go?

thanks for kind cooperation

• 1. Re: browsing records
          Jade

At least 3 ways come to mind but none are like a native iPad app:

1. Open the Status Toolbar (in the View menu).  It has a slider like FM Go that moves from record to record and also forward and back arrows on a book icon.

2. Display your layout in List view.  This allows your customer to swipe rapidly up and down to previous or next record.  If your customer has a trackpad, it may be the closest you come to what your customer wants by using the two finger swipe.

3. Use control-up arrow and control down-arrow on the keyboard.

• 2. Re: browsing records
            sasha

Thanks for reply

my english is not so good so probably I was not clar explaining my problem.

but the solution I am syuding it will be used only in FM go on th eiPad not on a computer.

• 3. Re: browsing records
              Jade

Your English is good enough.

Try using View as List on the iPad.  One finger swipe up or down will change the record on the iPad

• 4. Re: browsing records
                sasha

Good idea I will try

no way to do swiping finger from right to left?

list view let me chamge record up and down

ragards

• 5. Re: browsing records
                  Jade

No, not unless you lock the screen and turn the iPad sideways.  But I doubt that your customer would like that. laugh

• 6. Re: browsing records
                    TSGal

Mauro Uboldi:

Thank you for your posts.

I recommend that you enter this suggestion into our Feature Requests web form at:

http://www.filemaker.com/company/contact/feature_request.html

The entries into this web form populate a database file that is hosted by Development and Product Management where they are read and discussed for future revisions.  Although I could easily copy your post and paste it into the web form, there are a few questions asked that only you can answer.

TSGal
                         FileMaker, Inc.