4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 25, 2014 8:02 AM by TSGal

Bug in FMGO Save/Send

rgordon

Title

Bug in FMGO Save/Send

Whenever you use the Save/Send option FMGO will rename the file so if your file name is "test", FMGO will want to rename it "test Copy 1".  The problem occurs when you try to rename the file back to "test" by deleting the "Copy 1" as soon as you delete the C, the space between the t and C gets hidden so the file name looks like "test" when actually the file when it gets saved it will have a space after the name ("test ").  Not good for a lot of reasons.  You can avoid this issue by hitting the delete key one more time but user should not have to do this.  The actual file name needs to be reflected on the screen.  The space should not be truncated on the screen.  I think the problem occurs because the file name is right justified so on the screen it truncates the space if it is on the very end.

• 1. Re: Bug in FMGO Save/Send
          philmodjunk

If TSGal or another TS person doesn't respond soon, I suggest reposting over in Report an Issue to bring this to their attention. Report an Issue is the designated spot for reporting bugs....

• 2. Re: Bug in FMGO Save/Send
            TSGal

rgordon:

Thank you for your post.

I am able to replicate this issue on an iPhone 5s and iPad 3.  I have sent your post along with my findings to our Development and Testing departments for review.  When more information becomes available, I will let you know.

Until this is changed, continue using the workaround of pressing the delete key once more.

TSGal
                 FileMaker, Inc.

• 3. Re: Bug in FMGO Save/Send
              philmodjunk

This also happens on the iPhone 4s.

An entry in the Known Bugs List has been linked to this Issue Report. Any Comments/Questions/Suggested Corrections should be posted here or in a new thread. Please do not post such comments to the Known Bugs List thread.

• 4. Re: Bug in FMGO Save/Send
                TSGal

rgordon:

Our Testing department has reproduced the issue and it has been sent to Development for review.

TSGal
                     FileMaker, Inc.