2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 8, 2014 9:28 PM by SusannaMoore

Can FG refer to iTunes as Bento can?

RogerJackson

Title

Can FG refer to iTunes as Bento can?

Bento can reference an iTunes track without embedding it. Can FMGo do this?

I'm writing a simple database for folk music sessions to show written music and play the tune. I don't want to embed the audio files, as I already have them in iTunes, and obviously want to keep everything as small as possible for the iPhone. Is there a way that FM can use the existing iTunes data on both Mac and iPhone for this?

• 1. Re: Can FG refer to iTunes as Bento can?
          TSGal

Roger Jackson:

Thank you for your post.

If FileMaker Pro embeds an iTunes sound file in a Container field, then FileMaker Go can play the tune.  However, if the file is stored as a reference, then FileMaker Go is unable to access the reference and the tune cannot be accessed.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Can FG refer to iTunes as Bento can?
            SusannaMoore

I'm writing a simple database for folk music sessions to show written music and play the tune. I don't want to embed the audio files, as I already have them in iTunes, and obviously want to keep everything as small as possible for the iPhone. Is there a way that FM can use the existing iTunes data on both Mac and iPhone for this?

To transfer music from computer to iPhone or vice versa with iTunes, you may come up with some difficulties. On one hand, as a one-way transfer tool, iTunes doesn’t allow users to copy music from computer to iPhone or to iTunes for protecting the copyright of the music; on the other hand, when syncing with iTunes, this software will only maintain the purchased items in your iPhone and try to erase the files that aren’t got from iTunes. Therefore, it will be hard for you to transfer iPhone music with iTunes. Maybe, google an alternative to iTunes to manage or transfer your iPhone music is more easier.