3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 22, 2010 8:59 AM by CynthiaStabile

Can you use FM Runtime app with Go?

CynthiaStabile

Title

Can you use FM Runtime app with Go?

I have a few runtime databases for clients that do not have FileMaker. Can those be loaded onto an iPhone/iPad and used with the new FileMaker Go?

By the way, I am so happy this came out. I downloaded it first day and am playing with it.

• 1. Re: Can you use FM Runtime app with Go?
          TSGal

Cynthia Stable:

Thank you for your post.

As forum user "SWS" reported from TechTalk in link:

Creating new "apps" with FMG

"Unfortunately, Apple's iOS application development policies do not support this model at this time."

In the mean time, please post this as a suggestion in our Feature Requests web form at:

http://www.filemaker.com/company/contact/feature_request.html

These web entries are read by members of Development and Product Management directly.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Can you use FM Runtime app with Go?
            Steve Wright

Cynthia

Just to expand on this..

My post originally was about creating your own runtime for FileMaker Go and distributing on the app store yourself.

You can however add your runtime files via itunes to FM Go and they will load ok.

If you have changed the file extension (which is normal with a runtime) you cannot use the other methods of loading to the device, such as drop box since FileMaker go will only be available for .fp7 extensions.

Via iTunes you can leave your custom extension (i.e .usr) and they do work.

Of course I would encourage you to fully test this, since I only did a quick test at this time.

• 3. Re: Can you use FM Runtime app with Go?
              CynthiaStabile

Thank you so much for the quick response. The second answer about using my own runtimes on an iPhone/iPad was what I was asking about. So that is wonderful news. I will try them out now.

I figured the whole make my own app for the iTunes app store was not part of this version 1.0. This is a great start and I look forward to upgrades in the future. I like everyone else would like the ability to sync so hopefully that will come in time.