AnsweredAssumed Answered

can't enter text data in Go

Question asked by NiceThreads on Dec 30, 2014
Latest reply on Feb 4, 2015 by TSGal

Title

can't enter text data in Go

I upgraded to FMP13 specifically so I can deploy dbs on my iPad (Go v13), but I am having a problem that doesn't allow me to enter text data at all, ever. I'm getting the "This record being modified in another window" message and then it repeats the message in a loop until I click on the background. The date (via auto data entry), time (a script entering current time) and a job number (manual) are entering fine without error, but all text fields are generating the error message and not allowing me to fill the field. I've even added a Commit button since an earlier post mentioned it as a solution to this problem.

This is the simplest possible db, with one layout, and just a few field-entry scripts, none of them complex. I am using this one file as my test but it is failing continually, even at this level. Even just using manual entry, I can't populate the records. I've tried rebooting the iPad, rebooting Go, deleting the file and re-importing it, via both Dropbox and email. The db works fine on my Mac (OSX 10.9.5, FBPro 13). 

Outcomes