6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 3, 2014 11:06 AM by philmodjunk

cannot show unrelated records in Popover Button in child table/layout

DavidJones

Title

cannot show unrelated records in Popover Button in child table/layout

Hello guys,

Im fairly new to filemaker and i'm completely stuck. i have two tables, the parent table is called Company and the child table is called Members. I have this child layout that is based on the child table(see SS below). I have created popover button which will allow the users to change the field values in their iPads. The users can change any field value that is on the child table. The problem im having is that the company field(coming from the Parent Table) is only showing 2 company names instead of the 10 company names that i have on the parent table Company. The other 8 company names do not have related record yet. What im trying to accomplish here is the member should be able to change their company name to any of the 10 company names that i currently have in the parent table. so i read on-line that i should change the tables relationship from "=" to "x" now it's showing the 10 companies but i cannot modify the company field anymore which i have set as Pop-up menu inside the button Popover window. please help!

Untitled.jpg