2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 15, 2014 10:10 AM by TSGal

Cant find filename from server in filemaker GO

DevonHunt

Title

Cant find filename from server in filemaker GO

I have downloaded the app filemaker Go onto my iphone. I type in the IP adress and it asks for  a n3etwork file path "10.44.2.4/......." i tried the file name we have on that server but it comes up with this error: "ERROR: the file "NAME of file" could not be opened. Either the host is not available, or the file is not available on that host"

• 1. Re: Cant find filename from server in filemaker GO
          AppGuy

The network path needs to include your database name...

For instance..  10.44.2.4/databasename

When you put the hostname in there it will display any databases that you have already shared.

Make sure you enable network sharing on your file and your privilege set is allowed also..

• 2. Re: Cant find filename from server in filemaker GO
            TSGal

Devon Hunt:

Thank you for your post.

From the FileMaker Go home page, tap "Hosts".  This will check for all the local hosts available.  If the host isn't displayed, then tap the first entry "Add Host".  Enter the IP Address (10.44.2.4), and FileMaker Go will then look for all FileMaker Pro files open and set for Network Sharing.  You should then be able to select the desired file.

If the file isn't found, check the firewall settings on your desktop machine.  You may also have to use port forwarding.  For more information on port forwarding, see Knowledge Base Article #9770 at:

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9770

Let me know if you continue to have difficulty.

TSGal
            FileMaker, Inc.