2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2012 2:37 PM by TSGal

CB bug...

Title

CB bug...

Found a real bug!

This works in Filemaker Pro but not in Filemaker Go. Can not work around it other than a complete redesign.

The technique is to use a repeating field to hold checkboxes as this saves a lot of field creation, etc.

My field is defined as 18 repeating values.

I have assigned a trigger to the field On Modify Commit record.

Works just fine and the idea is to get rid of that darn antsy border Filemaker insists on putting around enterable fields when one is entered. I won't discuss how annoying that is. Note that Filemaker does not do this with any of the layout and scripting dialogs...

So, here's the bug.

I have placed the field on the layout using reps 4 to 5 and on my Touch the field does not commit but pops up the Paste/etc. dialog.

Reps 1-3, just fine. Reps 1-18 just fine. Taping the cb produces an x and an instance commit. Not with 4-5. Works just fine in Filemaker Pro but not Go.

I did not test any other combination say 8 to 12.

• 1. Re: CB bug...
          philmodjunk

Hi Jack,

Have you tried this? (works in Filemaker to remove the "antsy borders".)

Open layout mode and clear the "show field frames when record is active" option.

Doesn't resolve your bug but may avoid the need for the script that revealed it in this case.

• 2. Re: CB bug...
            TSGal

Jack Rodgers:

Thank you for your post.

This problem has been previously reported at:

Repeating Field Checkboxes 2nd Column won't check

In essence, a Checkbox/Radio Button field split over repetitions will not allow the second instance of the field values to be selected when the second instance doesn't begin with the first repetition number.  In your case, 1-3 and 1-18 would work, but 2-18 would not work.

Our Development and Testing departments are aware of this issue.

I have attached your post to the original report.  When any additional information becomes available, I will let you know.

TSGal
            FileMaker, Inc.