5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 3, 2014 10:23 AM by philmodjunk

Chart on FMGo 12 are blank

Emmanuel

Title

Chart on FMGo 12 are blank

Hi,

I am trying to get my desktop solution available from iPads. Everything works great until i got some charts on the layouts. Indeed, even though that charts are great looking from the desktop, they appear blank once loaded on the iPad.

I tried opening it from FMGo 13 (instead of 12), but they are no changes.

I then tried using the "getlayoutobjectattribute" in a set field script to set a container field with the content of the chart... it works, but only on the desktop. On the iPad, it takes the blank content of the chart.

Anyone?

Thank you

• 1. Re: Chart on FMGo 12 are blank
          TSGal

Emmanuel:

Thank you for your post.

What type of chart are you displaying?

Here are the steps I took:

1. I created a table "TEST" with one Number field "Number".

2. I entered three records with the values 15, 20, 25.

3. I went into Layout Mode and added a bar chart named "Chart" and set the Y-Axis to display "Values" using the field "Number".

Below is the results that display in FileMaker Go 13.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Chart on FMGo 12 are blank
            Emmanuel

Hi TSGal,

It is line charts! And neither FMGo 12 nor FMGo 13 show the chart as it is shown on the desktop version.

• 3. Re: Chart on FMGo 12 are blank
              TSGal

Emmanuel:

You don't provide a lot of detail for me to test.  Below is an updated screen shot from my iPad that now includes a line chart based on the data I supplied earlier.

TSGal
                   FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Chart on FMGo 12 are blank
                Emmanuel

Sorry, I don't know what to say! Do you have any ideas of what might be the problem? The charts are just fine on desktop....

• 5. Re: Chart on FMGo 12 are blank
                  philmodjunk

You might start by describing the specific options that you selected when setting up the chart--especially the data source options. That could help TSGal better replicate the issue.

Also, try this "cheap fix": Double Click your Home button to get the display that shows all currently open apps. Flick the FileMaker Go App up to close it. Then re-open FileMaker GO and return to your chart layout. Do you now see a chart?