2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 2, 2012 10:23 PM by IanLenehan

    CNS Barcode and Filemaker Go



      CNS Barcode and Filemaker Go



      I am trying to get CNS Barcode to work with Filemaker Go, but have been stumped for a while on the last step. Following their instruction on how to get it to work, I am able to press a scan button, which loads the app, scans, and returns to FM Go, but it refuses to paste in the barcode!

      I have followed the instructions here so I can not work out what I am doing wrong. I have used this page to update my scripts so they are suitable for FMP 12.

      I have a database called "mydb". There is one table, "mydb", and one text field, called "barcode_data". On the layout I have a button called scan that has the following Open URL script ("Scan") attached to it: "cnsbarcode://scan?profile=myprofile"

      As the instructions say, there is a second script entitled "Scan_return" which is a Set Field script that has a target field of mydb::barcode_data with a calculated result of "Get(ScriptParameter)"

      Finally I have the CNS Barcode app where I have one profile called "myprofile". The launch URL field has fmp://mydb?=script+Scan_return&param=::barcode::

      As far as I can see I have followed the instructions to the letter, but I must be missing something as it falters at the last stage every time. The scan button launches the scanner app, the scanner app scans and then returns to Filemaker Go, but never puts anything into the barcode_data field.

      Any help would be amazing. Let me know if I should be asking the CNS guys instead.



        • 1. Re: CNS Barcode and Filemaker Go

          Ian Lenehan:

          Thank you for your post.

          Performing a quick browser search, I found the following that may help you with the CNS barcode application:


          This link appears to "walk you through the very simple process of integrating CNS Barcode with FileMaker Go".

          FileMaker, Inc.

          • 2. Re: CNS Barcode and Filemaker Go

            Hi TSGal,

            Thanks for your reply and apologies for not responding sooner. I thought I would get a notification if someone posted here. That was the tutorial that I initially followed. I have since been in touch with the CNS guys and worked out the issue. Every time I opened a new instance of the database on FM GO, the app appended a number to the end of the file. Therefore the scripts were only referencing the original file. I cleared out all my files list and tried again and it worked.