3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 6, 2014 10:24 PM by Markus Schneider

Compatability

AndrewHartle

Title

Compatability

Using FileMaker Pro 12 on the iMac and created a database using the contacts template. When switching to layout, contact details iPhone it shows a different layout with fields I have deleted. Do I have to edit this layout as well and have it exactly in the same order so it will sync ok every time. I already use go and sync it with the desktop and it takes 20 mins to sync and no one can help me so don't want the same to happen with this one.

• 1. Re: Compatability
          SteveMartino

First, it shouldn't take 20 minutes to sync. How are you syncing? Dropbox takes seconds.

Hard to understand the problem you're describing.

When you switch to the iPhone layout on the Mac, make sure there isn't a script trigger based on device that's taking you to the wrong layout.  The contacts starter solution picks layouts based on device.

• 2. Re: Compatability
            philmodjunk

When switching to layout, contact details iPhone it shows a different layout with fields I have deleted.

I would guess that you deleted the field's field objects from a layout instead of their definitions from the table where they were defined. This solution has layouts designed specifically for use on an iPhone so I will further guess that you are seeing a different layout than the one from which you deleted the field objects.

• 3. Re: Compatability
              Markus Schneider

what does 'sync' mean?

- synchronizing via iTunes will not touch any FM files on the iOS device

- copying FM files from/to the iOS device will copy, not sync

- copying files over Wifi can take a looong time, use the usb-cable instead