1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 19, 2012 10:19 AM by TSGal

Conditional Formatting Causes Printer to Freeze

Title

Conditional Formatting Causes Printer to Freeze

I discovered and debugged a problem when printing a layout with conditional formatting after converting from 9 to 12. I discuss it on my blog:

http://gofm.biz/2012/10/18/faster-printing-filemaker12/

The problem arises from the use of a layout designed for monitor viewing being printed using the File:Print command and even in a button script.

The use of conditionals in a 12 layout meant for printing seems to cause the printer, HP LaserJet 1022n, to go brain dead and stop printing.

This freeze occurs in the latest shipping version in Windows 7 of 12 Pro Advanced, 12 Pro and 12 Go in IOS 6.

• 1. Re: Conditional Formatting Causes Printer to Freeze
          TSGal

Jack Rodgers:

Thank you for your post and link to your blog.

Do you have other FileMaker Pro 9 files that also fail to print when converted to FileMaker Pro 12?  If you create a new layout in the same converted file (do not duplicate the layout) with some conditional formatting and print, does the problem also occur?  In essence, I'm trying to determine if this is a conversion issue, or if the original layout had some damage that manifested itself when converted to FileMaker Pro 12.  Any additional information you can provide may be helpful.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.