AnsweredAssumed Answered

Conectivity

Question asked by PeterDurant on Aug 16, 2011
Latest reply on Aug 19, 2011 by disabled_JackRodgers

Title

Conectivity

I am contemplating purchasing several ipads to enhance productivity but am looking for some advise on the best way to implement my idea, and keep my database sync'd (please forgive me if I don't use the correct terminology, I am not a programmer).  My situation is this:

1. My FM database resides on a single computer connected to the internet through a cable modem. 
  2. I have 4 crews (HVAC Mechanics) with ipads who would manage customers service calls by pulling up the customer entering the service performed and enter the call as complete on the ipad.
  3. The database on the computer is then sync'd up, the customer's information is updated and the service call billed.

What is the best way to accomplish this:

1. Do I use FM server and let the ipad update the information in real time? (is that even possible?)
  2. When ther service call is complete do I have the technician email the database and update manually?
  3. Do I install install something like "Go to my PC" on my computer and let the ipad access FM through remote desktop sharing
  4. Do I create some sort of VPN and let the ipad access FM through instant web publishing?

Or is there a better/simpler way to do it?

Thanks!

Outcomes