AnsweredAssumed Answered

Confirmation of FileMaker GO Bugs

Question asked by rgordon on Feb 24, 2014
Latest reply on Nov 29, 2014 by user23987

Title

Confirmation of FileMaker GO Bugs

I am a huge fan of FileMaker Go 13 but the bugs are starting to really get annoying and are potential deal breakers.  Can somebody confirm if the following are recognized as bugs by FileMaker:

1.  Occasionally if an iPad is not restarted for an extended period of time, FileMaker Go 12 or 13 can not create a PDF file.  I believe it also has trouble creating other types of file.  The only way to solve this is through a restart.

2.  Occasionally if an iPad is not restarted for an extended period of time, FileMaker Go 12 or 13 will display a solid gray block that covers 3/4th of the header in list view.  Fields and buttons are still active put you can not see them unless you enter the field.  Not good for navigation or if you have a delete button in the header.  Along with this problem the Home and Windows options are grayed out. The only way to solve this is through a restart.

3. If you get disconnected from FM Server while a record is not committed, when FM Go 12 or 13 reconnects you will get stuck in a Revert from hell loop.  FM Go record locks itself. You have to force quit the app.  This bug is also potentially destructive to records.

4.  There is no way to tab between fields in a Dialog box.  In FM Go 12 the Return key turned into a Next key.  In FM Go 13 the Return key stays as a Return key which then add a new line to the field in the dialog box.  Very undesirable behavior.

All of these issues have been reported in multiple forums. I believe FileMaker Go has a memory management problem since most of these issue can be solved with a restart of the iPad.  An update would be greatly appreciated since I am counting on these issues to be fixed in what should be a soon to be released update to FileMaker 13.

Outcomes