Connection issue w/iPads The file "xxx.fmp12" could not be opened. Either the host is not available, or the file is not available on that host
The error we've been getting on our iPads is the following:
The file "xxx.fmp12" could not be opened. Either the host is not available, or the file is not available on that host.
We've been having this issue ever since we've started using FileMaker. The odd thing is, this happens sporadically, and there are days that FMGo connects flawlessly. We have 3 iPads that connect to the host, and when one is not able to connect, the other iPad may connect. Sometimes none will be able to connect.
Is there a way to secure the connection, so we don't have this connection issue?
- We have FMP 13 running on an iMac (Latest OS 10.10.3) hosting a file.
- Every computer/iPads have IP addresses assigned
- File sharing is on (On the host computer)
- Checked the firewall on the host computer, all good
- WiFi provided by Apple Airport Extreme