5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 20, 2013 10:47 AM by TSGal

container field and FMP Go

carolchansen

Title

container field and FMP Go

For some reason some of my images are showing and some are not in FMP GO 12.
           They all show in FMP Pro 12
           Some are .PNG and some are .JPEG
           I have tried inserting image or referencing them and neither work.
           Anyone know what I am missing?
           Thanks,
           Carol
           PS - still no quick time or sound supported in FMP Go - correct?

I realized there is one more important point. If the iPad that will be using this file does not always have access to wifi, does the image have to be inserted as oppose to referenced?

• 1. Re: container field and FMP Go
          TSGal

Carol Hansen:

Thank you for your post.

If you are accessing the records locally (as opposed to remotely sharing), then make sure the images are inserted and not referenced.

Sound is supported in FileMaker Go.  Make sure the Container is set for Interactive content in the Inspector -> Data -> Data Formatting.  Movie files are also supported.

Let me know if you need additional clarifiation.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: container field and FMP Go
            carolchansen

Hi again,

The only way I could get the photo's to show on the iPad or iPhone was by inserting them in from while on the iPhone from my photo's album that had those pictures (even though i made sure they were inserted not referenced) the odd thing is the photo's do show that were inserted while on version 11.

As far the sound - once again - it could not be found so i had to record it from the iPhone.
                      and then  you have to hit the play button and the quicktime icon shows while the sounds go off. Is that as good as it gets at this point?

The video's cold not be found either and I could not replace them with a video while on the iPhone, even though they are in my Photo's album they won't show up to insert them when on the iPhone.
                      in iPhoto they are .mpg, .m4v, .mov.

Both the sound, and video work GREAT on the computer - just wish i could get it to work that way on the iPad - it is for a communication device for our non verbal daughter.
                      Needs to have the sound and video instant like on the computer - maybe fmp go is not quite there for it - so close.

Let me know - thanks a lot ,
                      carol

• 3. Re: container field and FMP Go
              TSGal

Carol Hansen:

The only way I was able to replicate your issue is if the files were referenced; not inserted.  Therefore, please send me a copy of your database file so I can determine why it isn't working under FileMaker Go.  Check your Inbox at the top of this page for instructions where to send your database file.

TSGal
                   FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: container field and FMP Go
                carolchansen

Thanks TSGal for the effort.

For some reason it works now. Perhaps all devices needed to be restarted or something. It finally works now. I am perplexed but happy.

you did not mention about the quicktime image coming up and having to select play any time you select an audio or video on a mobile device.

Is that how it works or am I doing something wrong. I was hopeing for it to be more automated and spontanious.

Thanks,

Carol

• 5. Re: container field and FMP Go
                  TSGal

Carol Hansen:

First and foremost, I'm glad it works now.  Although the cause was unknown, please let me know if it occurs again.

Currently, an audio/video file will not automatically play.  You must tap the Container field followed by tapping Play.

I suggest you enter this request into our Feature Requests web form at:

http://www.filemaker.com/company/contact/feature_request.html

All entries into this web form are entered into a database file hosted by Development and Product Management, where the entries are then discussed and considered for future versions.  Although I could copy your post and paste it into the web form, there are a few questions asked that only you can answer.

TSGal
                       FileMaker, Inc.