3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2013 12:21 PM by GuyStevens

Container field not accessible - hosted file - iPad

GuyStevens

Title

Container field not accessible - hosted file - iPad

I have a pretty simple setup. A Filemaker 12 file shared on a computer using Filemaker Pro 12.

An iPad on that same network opens that file remotely.

There is a products table with a "picture" container field.

But the iPad can't do anything with that container field, can't take a picture in it, can't add an image from the library.

When we copy the file onto the iPad it does work.

So there has to be something with the fact that the file is opened remotely that doesn't allow me to modify the container field.

I've been looking on the internet and this forum but can't find any explanation for this problem.

Anybody ever run into this?

• 1. Re: Container field not accessible - hosted file - iPad
          GuyStevens

Apparently I ended up solving the problem. I only don't know exactly how.

The problem is that I don't own an iPad and so I can't do tests myself.

The person I was making this file for was having difficulties and has now told me that now it works.

>What I did:

I changed some settings in the "Security" part of Filemaker where you change the settings of the privilege set.

I set the available menu commands to "All"

And checked extended privileges for everything.

I don't know where the problem resided eventually.

If anyone has a clue, let me know.

• 2. Re: Container field not accessible - hosted file - iPad
            schamblee

The set default menu command to "ALL" is the main thing.   Filemaker uses the iOS for the camera, signature and Importing files, so if the default menu is not available the import options will not popup.  Using custom menus can affect the behavior of the container fields.    

• 3. Re: Container field not accessible - hosted file - iPad
              GuyStevens

Great, thanks man.

I was kind of thinking it was that. But I didn't have the ability to test it out.

Great info for other people that might have this problem in the future.