10 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2013 10:47 AM by philmodjunk

Container Field Screen Issue

johnw54

Title

Container Field Screen Issue

When viewing a container field in GO and then pressing VIEW in the actions tab. After pressing the blue DONE button, my screen comes back but has shifted up so I have to slide it down to view the top of the screen. Any suggestions

• 1. Re: Container Field Screen Issue
          TSGal

John Williams2978:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the issue on an iPad running iOS 6, and iPad running iOS 7, and an iPhone 4 running iOS 7.  I have a layout that extends beyond the bottom of the screen.  When I tap the Container field, it scrolls upwards so the bottom of the Container field fits on the screen, and I tap Play (movie file), and the movie plays full screen.  When I tap Done, it returns to the same place with the bottom of the Container field appearing at the bottom of the display.

Any other information you can provide to replicate the issue would be helpful.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Container Field Screen Issue
            johnw54

Hi,

Please see image.  My container field does not extend past the layout in either direction.  What other info can I give you. 

• 3. Re: Container Field Screen Issue
              TSGal

John Williams2978:

Thank you for the screen shot, but I'm still unable to make it scroll.  My Header height is 50pt, and my Body height is 879 pt.  I have a Container field that fills most of the Body and sized at 871 pt.  How about providing the dimensions of your layout so I can try to reproduce.

Do you have a reference for your PDF file displaying sideways?

TSGal
                   FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Container Field Screen Issue
                philmodjunk

A screen shot of your layout taken on the computer while in layout mode might reveal some key details about your layout design that may help other replicate the issue.

• 5. Re: Container Field Screen Issue
                  johnw54

Phil, TSGal, here is a screen shot.  My header height is 49.976 pt and my Body height is 623.024.  This layout is in landscape only .

• 6. Re: Container Field Screen Issue
                    TSGal

John Williams2978:

Thanks for the additional information, but I'm still unable to replicate the issue.  I have entered your values, and I have made the Container field fill the entire Body.  Any change I do still shows the entire screen.  I do not get any scrolling.  This occurs on both iOS 6 and iOS 7, remotely and locally.

Do you have any floating objects?  That is, in the Inspector, under the Position tab, do the objects have anchors other than left and top?

If possible, I'd like to see a clone of your file.  Check your Inbox at the top of this page for instructions where to send the file.

TSGal
                         FileMaker, Inc.

• 7. Re: Container Field Screen Issue
                      philmodjunk

Wonder if there's a tab order issue involved... Any chance one of you has a tab order specified differently from the other? Could the container field be the first field in the tab order in John's case?

We FM GO developers get in the habit of removing the tab order from all fields on the layout so we sometimes forget that this isn't always the case...

• 8. Re: Container Field Screen Issue
                        johnw54

TSGal,

I had autosizing top,left,bottom. I unchecked bottom and i can see half of the header now.  It seems that when the Actions tab appears thats when the screen moves forward.  I'd love to send you the file but it's 810 MB.  Can your email accept that large of file?

• 9. Re: Container Field Screen Issue
                          TSGal

John Williams2978:

Thank you for the additional information.

Our mail servers do not accept files larger than 10 MB, so either place the file on a server I can download from (like Dropbox), or use a third-party hosting service that hosts large files.  I have successfully received files through sendspace.com, yousendit.com.  I know sendspace.com allows free hosting for files up to 300 MB, so perhaps sending me a clone of the file would be better.

TSGal
                               FileMaker, Inc.

• 10. Re: Container Field Screen Issue
                            philmodjunk

A clone might not be 810 MB would it?

And another option is Drop Box where you copy the file to the drop box folder and then post the down load link here or in a private message.