2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 6, 2011 1:48 PM by HowardLee

Container image output question

HowardLee

Title

Container image output question

Hi all, now I have a question about the container image output...

I used Filemaker pro to make my file, and it has a function which can capture images.

And now this file is placed on iPad2.

So, we used the iPad camera to capture images.

But now, here is the question.

How can I output this images into my computer with corresponding record data?

Or how can I just output this images into a folder with specified filename which matches with the record number accordingly?

Thanks

Howard

• 1. Re: Container image output question
          philmodjunk

Are you hosting the file from a computer and using iPad as a client or are you copying the file back and forth between the iPad and a computer?

Do you know how to copy the file back and forth like that?

Or how can I just output this images into a folder with specified filename which matches with the record number accordingly?

On a computer or on your iPad? Presumably you want this image on the computer. Export Field Contents can export the contents of a container field storing your image to a location and file name you specify. You can do this by hand or via a script that does it automatically.

• 2. Re: Container image output question
            HowardLee

I'm sorry for not providing enough information.

I know how to copy the file back and forth between the iPad and a computer.

And you are right. I would like to use iPad as a client, and my computer collects all clients' data.

After data collections, I need to output those images (captured on iPad) into a folder on my computer.

I will try your way.

Thanks for your reply.