4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 22, 2014 1:15 PM by TSGal

Container picture size randomly became smaller

BFalasiri

Title

Container picture size randomly became smaller

I have steadily been taking pictures of inventory and printing them for storage. I cannot find any place to choose the size of the captured picture. Until about two weeks ago they were an acceptable size. Now when I print them, or view them, I find them of lesser resolution. Same printer, I know of no other variable.

How to I fix this? Where is a setting?

• 1. Re: Container picture size randomly became smaller
          TSGal

B Falasiri:

The settings are made with the camera taking the picture.  If you take a picture at a high resolution, then when you place that file in the Container field, it will be embedded in the file.

If you later change the zoom level within FileMaker Pro (e.g., from 100% to 200%), FileMaker Pro will have to adjust all objects on the screen, and this could affect the print quality.

If one of your images is displaying in poor resolution, export the field contents, open the file in a graphic application (Preview on Mac), and see what the resolution is set to.

Any other information you can provide may help narrow down the possible causes.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Container picture size randomly became smaller
            BFalasiri

This is a recent photo which is more like a thumbnail same camera, same iPad, same old everything

• 3. Re: Container picture size randomly became smaller
              BFalasiri

This is from a few weeks ago, same same same.

• 4. Re: Container picture size randomly became smaller
                TSGal

B Falasiri:

Are you taking the picture with FileMaker Go?  If so, then when the camera becomes active to take a picture, notice in the upper left corner are settings Full (highest resolution), Large, Medium and Small.  From your first picture, it looks like you selected Small, while the other picture is set to Full.

If the files are being inserted into the Container field, then the camera settings are used.

TSGal
                     FileMaker, Inc.