1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 21, 2014 9:27 AM by TSGal

Copying a PDF from IOS mail and pasting into a container

ericjlindholm

Title

Copying a PDF from IOS mail and pasting into a container

I am having trouble getting PDFs into container from anywhere on an iPad.  It works on my FMP13.  Any PDF i copy from a container can be pasted to another container but I cannot seem to get PDFs from outside FM into it.   sometimes i get some type of meta data text to paste in but that is it.  I can get PFDs from mail pasted to an iMessage to send and display successfully on other devices so I don't think its how a prob with getting things onto the clipboard.  Thoughts?

BTW.  the field data formatting is set up for PDFs

• 1. Re: Copying a PDF from IOS mail and pasting into a container
          TSGal

Eric Lindholm:

Thank you for your post.

At this time, FileMaker Go cannot access files outside its own work area.  If you can first move the PDF file into the FileMaker Go work area (through iTunes), then you can insert the PDF file into the Container field.

I recommend you enter this as a suggestion into our Feature Requests web form at:

http://www.filemaker.com/company/contact/feature_request.html

The entries into this web form populate a database hosted by Product Management and Development.  All suggestions area reviewed and considered for future releases.  Although I could copy your post and paste it into the web form, there are a couple of questions asked that only you can answer.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.