3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2011 10:46 AM by disabled_JackRodgers

Creating Apps for IPad with Filemaker and Filemaker Go

KenRay

Title

Creating Apps for IPad with Filemaker and Filemaker Go

Is it possible to create Apps for the IPad with Go and Pro and Server to be able to hae a remote database connection on the IPad, save and retrieve data of course ?   Also, to be able to create apps for the IPad for resale ?

• 1. Re: Creating Apps for IPad with Filemaker and Filemaker Go

Yes. But you must use Filemaker Pro or Advanced to create the file. I don't know if Apple will but the file on iTunes but you can ship it directly to customers.

You cannot create files with Filemaker Go,

The tech specs can be found under the product tab or else where on this site.

• 2. Re: Creating Apps for IPad with Filemaker and Filemaker Go
            KenRay

Not a file. I'm looking to create and app, File Makeer Advanced would be fine, to be able to run on IPad/IPhone for resale. I don't think you got my questions. 

thanks

• 3. Re: Creating Apps for IPad with Filemaker and Filemaker Go

First, you do not create 'apps' with Filemaker. You create files. Or databases or soltions if you prefer or whatever term one prefers.

You can create databases with Filemaker Pro or Filemaker Pro Advanced.

You cannot create databases with FIlemaker Server or Filemaker Go.

If you have created a database and have it hosted remotely, you can log in with Filemaker Pro, Filemaker Advanced and Filemaker Go (iPad or iPhone). Your customer would use Filemaker Pro or Go to login.

And you can create databases for sale using Filemaker Pro or Advanced (which can add a runtime engine so the user doesn't need Filemaker Pro but the runtime does not work on GO).

If you are asking if you can create an 'app' with Filemaker as folks are creating apps for iTunes, no. You create a file/database and need Filemaker Pro or Go to open it.