6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2010 12:13 AM by John2710

Creation account issue

John2710

Title

Creation account issue

Hi,

I have a following situation. On my Mac I have two files Solution.fp7 and SolutionGo.fp7. SolutionGo.fp7 is using Solution.fp7 to get data from it and it is optimized (layouts) for iPhone so that users can open it via FileMaker Go.

When I create a record on FileMaker Go a field Creation account is populated with [Guest] account. How can I force that Creation Account is populated with account that i am logged in on FileMaker Go.

I can not use FileMaker Server and therefore I can not use external authentication. I am using FileMaker Pro (for sharing) and FileMaker Go.

Thanks for help.

FMgo1.png

• 1. Re: Creation account issue
          TSGal

John2710:

Thank you for your post.

Do you have the files to automatically open with a specific account?  If one is set to open with full access, while the other is set to open with a Guest account, this would have the same symptoms.  Also, make sure the password you entered with Full Access is set the same in the other file.  That way, the name and password to open one file is used to open the second file.

Let me know if you run into further difficulty.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Creation account issue
            John2710

Thanks for answer.

All mentioned above is correct but I have a file with multiple accounts. And I have to make it possible that different users can log via FileMaker Go. I am attaching picture (to first post) to explain situation. I understand that FileMaker works that way but it would be still very useful if there is workaround for this issue.

Let me know if you need more information. 

• 3. Re: Creation account issue
              TSGal

John2710:

I'm trying to replicate the problem, but I'm still having difficulty.  I have an open script that logs on as a guest, and then prompts you for the account/passsword.  After I enter the information, the new entered account/password is used to open the second file.  However, it sounds like you have an open script on the second file to open with a guest account.  Or, do you also have part of your open script in the second file to enter the account/password?  Perhaps I'm missing the reason why you are doing it that way.

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Creation account issue
                John2710

I am attaching sample files (Solution.fp7 and SolutionGo.fp7) here.

http://www.mediafire.com/?qsipqscaccqseyn

Let me point out that Solution.fp7 is always open because multiple clients on desktop computers (it is also in use on the computer which is sharing the file) are using it and it is optimized (layouts, scripts, reports) for desktop computers. On the other side we have SolutionGo.fp7 which is placed in same folder as Solution.fp7 it is also always open so that sharing can be turned on and is accessed by FileMakerGo via iPhone. SolutionGo.fp7 is optimized for iPhone users (layouts, scripts). SolutionGo.fp7 uses data from Solution.fp7.

Files are intentionaly separated because we make separate development of files. SolutionGo is also newer file and it needs more frequent updates and we do not want to bother users who use Solution.fp7.  

We managed to make this account issue to work properly only if Solution.fp7 file was closed. But we want to have same result if both files are open.

Attached sample files are not real project files but are intended just for making demonstration of the issue.

• 5. Re: Creation account issue
                  TSGal

John2710:

Thank you for the link.

I downloaded both files.  I opened both on a Mac and logged in as Account1.  I added a record, and I saw the value "Account1" turn appear in the Data layout.

I launched FileMaker Go on my iPod touch, and opened SolutionGo.fp7.  It prompted me for a user name and password, and I entered "Account2".  This took me to the Login Layout where I selected "Account2" again.  This switched me to the Data layout.  I added a record and both CreationAccount and ModificationAccount both displayed "Account2".  I then went back to the first record, modified it, and ModificationAccount changed to "Account2".

Is there something else you would like me to try?

Let me know what I'm doing differently from you.

TSGal
                  FileMaker, Inc.

• 6. Re: Creation account issue
                    John2710

I forgot to check fmapp extended privilege on [Guest] account. That causes first login dialog that should not be shown. When you add that check, first login dissapears and when you log into the file and create record that theoretically works (I still could not make real solution to work). And if you go on Login layout again and relogin with another user are creation and modification accounts still first users account. User should reopen file and then login with another account. I will play with this a little bit more and notify you if I found something else.

Thank you