1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 2, 2010 1:24 PM by TSGal

Customer Entry Form with limited access

MatthewMcclelland

Title

Customer Entry Form with limited access

I have Filemaker 9 and am considering purchasing FileMaker Go.  I want to create a form for the iPad at my store that would allow a customer to ad their information and subscribe to our mailing lists without being able to see the information of any other customers.

Is this possible, and if so, how would I do it?

Thanks in advance!

• 1. Re: Customer Entry Form with limited access
          TSGal

Matthew Mcclelland:

Thank you for your post.

This action would be similar to another machine using FileMaker Pro dedicated for this type of activity.

Look at Account settings to create an account that has limited access.  This would allow a user access one layout.

One possibility is to create a layout with global storage fields, and when a button is pressed, a script is run to validate the data and then upload the information into the main table.  Once finished, it returns to the layout and blanks out the global storage data for the next person to add his/her information.

In addition, you can use Get (SystemPlatform) to determine the machine they are running.  A "3" is returned for iPad/iPhone devices.  You can also use Get (SystemVersion), as this displays either a 3.2.1 or 4.0 for the iPad/iPhone devices.

Let me know if you need additional clarification

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.