1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 14, 2013 7:09 AM by TSGal

Database closes immediately on opening - only in Filemaker Go

MatthewMackay

Title

Database closes immediately on opening - only in Filemaker Go

Hi,

My database works fine on Filemaker Pro but I run in to problems using it in Filemaker Go. If I close the file on filemaker go and then try to re open it, it closes immediately, I can't get back in to the database unless I quit the filemaker go app and relaunch it.

The database runs in kiosk mode, my 'exit button' runs a small script that commits record, and closes the current file. When I transfer the file back on to my desktop and open it in filemaker pro, it creates a recover log which includes an 'improperly closed file' message. I can't figure out why the file is not closing properly on filemaker go.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers 

• 1. Re: Database closes immediately on opening - only in Filemaker Go
          TSGal

Matthew Mackay:

Thank you for your post.

When you close a file in FileMaker Go, it should update the file and toggle a flag that the file has been closed.  From your description, it appears this is not happening.  Therefore, either the application FileMaker Go is damaged or the database file is damaged.  First try removing FileMaker Go from your iOS device, and then reinstall through the App Store/iTunes.  If the problem still exists, try recovering the file on the Mac.

Keep me updated with any progress.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.