5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 7, 2013 7:44 AM by TSGal

Database on FMGo, find video file

jackien

Title

Database on FMGo, find video file

On my FMP database on my mac I have inserted a video/MOV file, I cannot see the file on filemaker go, it says the file cannot be found. Does GO not support the addition of videos into a database?

• 1. Re: Database on FMGo, find video file
          TSGal

Jackie Norstrom:

Thank you for your post.

When you inserted the movie into the Container field, did you accidentally check the option "Store only a reference to the file"?  If so, this will not be embedded into the file, but only referenced.  When you then try to open it in FileMaker Go, the file cannot be found.  Therefore, go back and re-insert the movie file into the Container field, and make sure the option to store as a reference is unchecked.

Let me know if you need additional clarification.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Database on FMGo, find video file
            jackien

The check box was unchecked by default, so it wasn't referenced. It still couldn't find the file. When I tried to click on view the file I got this odd file.

• 3. Re: Database on FMGo, find video file
              TSGal

Jackie Norstrom:

It looks like the Interactive container field saved it as a file and not as a movie.  I see from the screenshot that it shows "Picture 1.txt".  Where did this movie file originate?  Are you able to copy the movie file to the iPad and view it?  Anything else you can provide me about the movie file might be helpful in determining why it is failing to play.

TSGal
                   FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Database on FMGo, find video file
                jackien

The movie file originated from Final Cut Pro, I exported it as a .mov, for the web. I am able to copy the movie to the ipad and play it just fine from there.

• 5. Re: Database on FMGo, find video file
                  TSGal

Jackie Norstrom:

If it plays fine from the iPad but not from within FileMaker Go, I would like to see the file.  Check your Inbox at the top of this page for instructions where to send the movie file.

TSGal
                       FileMaker, Inc.