3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2010 9:41 AM by fitch

Database requires FileMaker Pro 9.0 or later ??

DaveWilliams

Title

Database requires FileMaker Pro 9.0 or later ??

After logging into my database with FileMaker GO from my iphone, it opens my main page then displays

"Warning Database requires FileMaker Pro 9.0 or later. Please update your version of filemaker Pro and try again."

Then when I hit "OK" it shows the main page again as it should, but as soon as I select anything it shuts down and crashes. I cant access my database as I should be able to.

I am using FileMaker Pro 9.3 on my PC. From what I can read about FileMaker GO it should be fully compatible. Can anyone help please, is there a setting I need to change on either 9.3 or GO?

Thanks, Dave

photo.jpg

• 1. Re: Database requires FileMaker Pro 9.0 or later ??
          fitch

Just to be clear it's 9.0v3 (not 9.3).

You probably have a startup script that checks the version, which would explain the warning dialog, i.e. it's coming from your file, not from FileMaker.

Not sure about the crashes, that's going to require more troubleshooting.

• 2. Re: Database requires FileMaker Pro 9.0 or later ??
            DaveWilliams

Thanks for that. I thought the same from looking at another thread. Are you able to help by telling me how I would find/modify the start up script to get past this? I have a feeling it may be the cause of the crashes.

Thanks, Dave

• 3. Re: Database requires FileMaker Pro 9.0 or later ??
              fitch

Look under File > File Options and note the script specified under "when opening... perform script."

Under Scripts > Manage Scripts, locate that script and edit it.

I'd have to see your script to recommend a specific modification, but things you might need to modify include:

- Get ( SystemPlatform ) returns 3 for iOS
               - Get ( ApplicationVersion ) returns "Go 1.0.x" on iPhone and iPod Touch. On iPad it returns "Go_iPad 1.0.x"

Also, when FileMaker Go encounters an error in a script, as in FileMaker it will present you with a dialog asking if you wish to continue. However, if your scripts contain the "Set Error Capture(ON)" script step, subsequent script steps will ignore errors unless you explicitly tell the script what to do for each error.

You may want to check out the FM Go Training Tool, that covers these issues, and the FileMaker Go Tech Brief.