3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2010 10:17 PM by Todd Geist

Digital Signature

watrhole

Title

Digital Signature

Does anyone know how to capture a signature from the iPad into a Filemaker Go field?

Thank you,

Bob

• 1. Re: Digital Signature
          TSGal

Bob Austin:

Thank you for your post.

At this time, FileMaker Go does not have the ability to capture a signature and place it in a Container field.  I encourage you to submit this suggestion into our Feature Requests web form at:

http://www.filemaker.com/company/contact/feature_request.html

These suggestions are monitored and read by our Development and Product Management departments where each suggestion is discussed and considered for a future release.  Also, although I could copy your post and paste it into the web form, there are additional questions asked that only you can answer.

If anybody on the forum has found a solution, please post!

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Digital Signature
            watrhole

Thank you. In my search I have found an interesting wor around. The product is called Autograph. It allows for the signature, I then copy it to the iPads clipboard and can paste it into the container field. A little clunky, but I now have the signature!

Thanks for the feature request URL. I did add it as a request.

Bob

• 3. Re: Digital Signature
              Todd Geist

I am working on this. I have the proof of concept working.  you can draw a signature right in FileMakerGo and then capture the image to a fileMaker field.  I am turning this into a product of some sort.

Email me if you want more info.  

Thanks

Todd