1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 22, 2011 3:30 PM by disabled_JackRodgers

Does Filemaker pro 11 have the same problems Bento does with iCal?

GovtLawyer

Title

Does Filemaker pro 11 have the same problems Bento does with iCal?

Does Filemaker pro 11 have the same problems Bento does with iCal?  I do not have the function of the iCal with the Bento for iPad as I do with Bento.  So, I'm having a Filemaker Pro 11 database built for my business, using a consultant.  I've heard numerous things about plug-ins, etc, and there is a small modicum of conformity.  Some of them think SeedCode is very good.  Would the dates in iCal and the database show up in Filemaker Go if I use Seedcode?  What about iCal and Address Book Manipulator?  Are they considered plug-ins or scripts?  If they are plug-ins, will they work on my iPad with Filemaker Pro?  What about FM Starting Point?

I will not need to be on a server nor need to have instant updating , as I am the only one accessing the data.  So, I don't mind performing syncs or copying files locally rather than via a server.  

Any assistance before I pull the string and pay someone a lot of money, would be appreciated.

Steven

• 1. Re: Does Filemaker pro 11 have the same problems Bento does with iCal?

Filemaker Go does not use Plugins. The plugins would work with Pro but the question is how to display the data in Go. Since you can open the file on both platforms you will need two layouts or three.

If the scripts and actions require a plugin, that layout won't work on Go and so the Go actions will be different.

A date is a date and will show the same in Pro or Go but your problem is how to get the data from iCal and that will have to be using Pro on your Mac and then opening the file in your Go Device with a layout designed however you like.

Check out displaying your dated events as a Report List, you may find this much more flexible than a calendar like layout since you can search, change layouts and report styles and so forth.