I think I've just worked it out, you need to go into settings and turn of keyboard prediction. However I do think that this is still an issue as the drop down lists should work regardless of the iPhone keyboard settings.
Did you update to 13.0.5?
Yes it's the latest version. Just to be more specific on the problem, the field with the drop down list is in a portal row.
Thank you for your posts.
I am unable to replicate the issue. This is what I have done:
1. In FileMaker Pro 13.0v3, I created two tables, linked together by a Number field named "ID", and allowing records to be added to the second table.
2. In the second table, I created a Text field "Name".
3. I entered ten records with the Name values: Ann, Betty, Cathy, Diane, Emily, Felicity, Gina, Hannah, Isabel and Jane.
4. In the first table, I created a portal into the second table, showing the Name field.
5. I formatted the Name field in the portal to be a drop-down list to include all values from the related second table.
6. I set the file for Network Sharing.
7. I launched FileMaker Go 13.0v5 on my iPad running iOS 8, and opened the hosted file.
8. I am able to enter a record into the portal, and the drop-down list works fine.
9. On my iPad, I have Predictive keyboard turned On, as well as Auto-Capitalization, Auto-Correction, Check Spelling, Enable Caps Lock, and Shortcut. (Only Split Keyboard is turned off).
Let me know what I'm doing differently than you so I can replicate the issue.
Thanks TSGal for trying to replicate the problem. The only thing that I think is different is that the drop down list was from a set value list. It was a list of payment options cheque cash bank transfer ect. The field was also set to conditional format based upon the contents of another field in the same record.
The weird thing is when I read your post I decided to try it on my iPad 2 with the original file and found that I couldn't replicate the problem, so I then decided to try it on my iPhone 5s where I had seen the problem and the problem doesn't exist anymore with predictive keyboard switched on. I've also tried it on my wife's iPhone 5 which presented the problem originally and that is now working fine. I've not changed the database at all or updated the iOS or filemaker so I am a bit bemused. The only thing I can think of is that switching the keyboard prediction off cleared the problem.
Just to add as well, the file was deployed on the device. It was deployed onto the device before the update to iOS 8. It wasn't shared over a network.
Thank you for the additional information.
It is possible that switching the keyboard Predictive setting may have changed the environment. On the other hand, there have been a few strange behaviors that occur when FileMaker Go has been running for a long time (although nothing involving value lists). Closing and relaunching FileMaker Go tends to fix that issue. With that said, have you relaunched FileMaker Go since you first reported the issue?
If you should run across this issue again, please let me know.
Closing and relaunching was the first thing I did, which didn't work.