3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2013 1:14 PM by TSGal

DropDown - Minor Issue

MikeHaddon

Title

DropDown - Minor Issue

I have a FileMaker Go app that uses a dropdown box to search for records.  It is working fine in FileMaker Pro.  However, on the iPad, I touch the dropdown, it lists what it is supposed to, and when I select something in the list, it navigates to the appropriate record.  The minor problem is the dropdown list either doesn't disappear or it reappears (not sure which).  To make it go away, the user needs to tap somewhere outside of the dropdown.

Is this a bug, or is there something I need to adjust?  I would like the user to select from the dropdown, navigate to the record, and then have the dropped down list disappear.  That is how it works in FM Pro.  In Go, it stays "dropped down".  Any ideas would be appreciated.  Thanks!

• 1. Re: DropDown - Minor Issue
          TSGal

Mike Haddon:

Thank you for your post.

If you have field set as a drop down list, you should be able to select a value from the drop down list and have the cursor automatically go to the next editable field.  If you don't have another editable field, then the drop-down list will remain active.  This occurs on both FileMaker Pro and FileMaker Go.  Here are the steps I took:

1. I created a new table with two text fields, "First" and "Second".  I set "Second" to be a drop-down field using the values "Yes" and "No".  I created a new records, entered information in to "First", tabbed to "Second", the drop down list appeared, selected "Yes", and the cursor jumped back to "First".

2. I turned on Network Sharing.

3. I launched FileMaker Go, and via the network, I opened the file on the Mac.

4. I created a new record, entered information into "First", selected "No" in Second, the drop-down disappeared and the cursor jumped back to "First".

Let me know what I'm doing differently than you, and I'll try to replicate the problem.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: DropDown - Minor Issue
            PaulCane

Hi I wonder if you can help - I'm trying to use a drop down list to navigate to a customer that is choosen from the dropdown, but with no success, can you help?

Many thanks

Paul

• 3. Re: DropDown - Minor Issue
              TSGal

Paul Cane:

Thank you for your post, and I apologize for the late reply.

What steps are you taking that are different from mine?  That may be a good starting point to determine why it isn't working for you.

TSGal
                   FileMaker, Inc.